Mechanical keyboards have really grown in popularity over the last few years and they are some of the best gaming keyboards for PC gamers because they are generally far more tactile than regular keyboards and usually provide faster response times.
According to the report of GlobeNewswire, the Mechanical Keyboard Market is estimated to reach USD 3.63 Billion with a CAGR of 12.7% by 2030. And another advantage of mechanical keyboards is their durability over non-mechanical keyboards.
However, they also make a clicking sound when you press a key and this noise can sometimes be loud, which can be distracting or annoying for you. But, mechanical keyboards are not always loud, as the cheap quiet mechanical keyboard is available from various manufacturers.
In this article, we have shared the 7 best cheap quiet mechanical keyboard that offers many useful features to the user. Also, here we have covered a detailed buying guide to discuss those important factors that you need to consider before purchasing one.
So, let’s get started.
Are You In Hurry? Then Check Out Below!
You might be in a hurry or might not have enough time to read our full detailed article. So, here we have given you our top pick for the cheap quiet mechanical keyboard which is RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.
This mechanical keyboard is perfect for gamers, office workers, copywriters, typing teachers, and editors. And it has 18 RGB backlight modes and 8 monochrome backlights on board.
Also, it is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac and its detachable USB-C keyboard cable makes this mechanical gaming keyboard more portable and customized.
Buying Guide For Cheap Quiet Mechanical Keyboard
Generally, you consider mechanical keyboards to be quite loud and not the best option for shared workspaces.
However, as you can find all kinds of keyboard switches available in the market, there are also some quiet mechanical keyboards available. And before you purchase one for yourself, you should consider several important factors discussed below.
- Switches: The most important factor of your keyboard which actually determines whether it will be quiet or not is the switches. And the switches of any keyboard are the actual buttons that we press and they might or might not produce a click sound. You should go with switches like the Cherry MX Red, Razer Yellow, or Cherry MX Brown as these offer an excellent typing experience and they are also silent.
- Connectivity Options: You should also consider the connectivity options of your mechanical keyboard to make sure that connecting it to your computer is as simple as possible. And if you need a quiet mechanical keyboard for your desktop, then we would recommend you go with a longer cable.
- Layout: One of the most important factors to consider before purchasing any kind of keyboard is the layout used by it. And when you consider the layout options for a quiet mechanical keyboard, you can find that full-size, TKL, and 60% keyboards are the most common ones.
- Backlighting Options: Another factor that you can consider while buying a high-end quiet mechanical keyboard is the backlighting options provided with it. A backlit keyboard offers an excellent typing experience in low-light environments, and they also look great.
5 Best Cheap Quiet Mechanical Keyboards: For Your Quiet Typing
If you want to make sure that you are going with the right mechanical keyboard, you should check all of the primary details and specifications of that product. Here we have shared the list of the 5 best cheap quiet mechanical keyboards along with the details of each product you need.
1. Corsair K70 RGB TKL CHAMPION SERIES Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
CORSAIR CHAMPION SERIES mechanical gaming keyboards are usually designed for and tested by top esports professionals to provide you with a competition-grade keyboard that features a portable and space-saving tenkeyless form factor.
This gaming keyboard is powered by CORSAIR AXON Hyper-Processing Technology, and it transmits your inputs to your PC up to 8x faster than conventional gaming keyboards with 8,000Hz hyper-polling.
You can flip the tournament switch to enable distraction-free static backlighting and prevent accidental macro activations so that you can focus on winning those critical games.
Its durable and refined aluminum frame is illuminated by fully programmable dynamic per-key RGB backlighting to create your own personalized lighting effects.
This linear and quiet keyboard features a patented noise-reduction design, resulting in a soft and quiet keypress. So, it is perfect for noise-conscious gamers.
- It can deliver your inputs to your PC up to 8x faster.
- This keyboard features a patented noise-reduction design.
- These products are tested by top esports professionals.
- This product might not be perfect for traditional typists or office workers
2. Logitech MX Mechanical Wireless Performance Keyboard With Tactile Quiet Switches
Logitech MX Mechanical Wireless Performance keyboard features tactile quiet switches that can deliver the next-level feel and flow with less noise. And clicky and linear switches are also available.
This keyboard layout is mainly designed for effortless precision with a full-size form factor and low-profile mechanical switches for better ergonomics.
And low-profile mechanical keys are actually designed for a more natural wrist position to provide you with long hours of typing comfort.
Also, you would get smart illumination with this keyboard, as the backlit keys light up the moment your hands approach the wireless keyboard and automatically adjust to suit changing lighting conditions.
You can pair the MX Mechanical keyboard with up to 3 devices and it is compatible with Windows, macOS, Chrome OS, Linux, and more. You would also get a robust wireless connection via Bluetooth Low Energy or included Logi Bolt receiver.
- You would get more customization options.
- The keyboard stays powered for up to 15 days on a full charge or up to 10 months with the backlighting turned off.
- It will provide you with long hours of typing comfort.
- Sometimes these keyboards do not work well with Bluetooth.
3. NPET K10 Quiet Ergonomic Water-Resistant Mechanical Feeling Keyboard
NPET K10 Quiet Ergonomic Mechanical Feeling Keyboard is made with highly-resistant ABS plastic and metal base for longevity and durability. It has 13 dedicated media keys that can control your background track without switching out of your game.
It features durable construction that can repel liquids and dirt for easy cleanup and is capable of withstanding accidental spills.
This spill-resistant and durable keyboard is built to stand up to the realities of everyday gaming. Its adjustable feet allow you to set your keyboard to the ideal position, so it is actually comfortable to use even during your longest gaming sessions.
It has Wear Resistant Doubleshot ABS Keycaps that feature a special coating to protect this keyboard for many years. Also, its ergonomic stair-up keycap design brings maximum comfort that keeps your hand in a natural state to minimize hand fatigue.
- This keyboard is spill-resistant and durable.
- It has low-friction switches for near-silent use and unmatched durability.
- Its RGB Backlighting makes it easier to find your keys in the dark.
- Several keys might stop working after some use.
4. RK ROYAL KLUDGE Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK61 Wired Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is an ultra-compact layout keyboard with 61 keys.
It is perfect for gamers, office workers, copywriters, typing teachers, and editors. This RGB gaming keyboard has 18 RGB backlight modes and 8 monochrome backlights on board.
The design of this mechanical keyboard is based on ergonomics and its scientific stair-up keycaps design brings maximum comfort. It keeps your hand in a most natural state to minimize hand fatigue after long use.
This mechanical keyboard is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac and its detachable USB-C keyboard cable makes this gaming keyboard more portable and customized.
And customized backlit colors and effects are also available for you through RK ROYAL KLUDGE software.
- It is perfect for office typing or playing games.
- All the key functions you need are concentrated in minimalist design.
- You can save more space for your mouse to move.
- Some keys might stop working.
5. Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard With Magnetic Wrist Rest
Razer BlackWidow Mechanical Gaming Keyboard features a tenkeyless design with a detachable USB cable that provides a portable form factor for busy and active gamers.
This durable keyboard supports up to 80 million keystrokes with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
It features ergonomic magnetic wrist rest to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions. And its compact and portable design ensures that you get all the essentials in a sleek form factor.
This keyboard is perfect for fast-paced gaming requiring quiet and high-speed key presses. And Razer Mechanical switches have consistently proven themselves to be one of the best for gaming and deliver both excellent performance and reliable durability without compromise.
- This keyboard is durable.
- It has ergonomic wrist rest for extended gaming comfort.
- You get one of the quickest mechanical switches for gaming.
- Customer support is not good.
Wrap Up On Cheap Quiet Mechanical Keyboard
If you want to have the best typing experience, then we would recommend you choose a mechanical keyboard. And if you think that mechanical keyboards are too loud, then you can simply choose one cheap quiet mechanical keyboard from our list.
To help you to choose the perfect one for you, we have also described the significant aspects and factors of these best quiet mechanical keyboards. And you can also find a detailed buying guide that can definitely help you while purchasing.
We hope that our article has helped you to find out the best cheap quiet mechanical keyboard according to your needs.
And if you still have any questions or doubts about any of these above-mentioned products, please let us know in the comments below.
FAQ: Cheap Quiet Mechanical Keyboard
That is why they have many questions about cheap quiet mechanical keyboards. Here in the FAQ section, we have tried to give brief answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Q1. Are Cheap Mechanical Keyboards Worth It?
Ans: Many mechanical keyboards come with a high price tag, however, this is not always the case. More affordable models might not have all the high-end features, but some of them are really strongly built and also offer the same performance as the more expensive keyboards.
Q2. How Long Do Cheap Mechanical Keyboards Last?
Ans: Mechanical keyboards generally last for almost 10 years or more depending on how heavily you used them. And mechanical keyboard switches are rated for 50+ million keystrokes, so they will last for years of heavy use. Also, if you can repair some of the parts when they break, mechanical keyboards can last even longer.
Q3. Why Do Gamers Prefer Mechanical Keyboards?
Ans: Most gamers generally prefer mechanical keyboards as they are more tactile, durable, and faster. Also, some gamers choose the portability and lower price ranges of membrane keyboards.